green cleaning service

Home Forums Home and Garden green cleaning service

Topic: green cleaning service

Home and Garden April 16, 2012 at 11:18 am

green cleaning service

Can anyone recommend a good cleaning service that will come to Petworth, is green/non-toxic, and affordable?  Also, can anyone fill me in on what “affordable” is when it comes to cleaning a row house?  I’ve never used a cleaning service, but am really pregnant and pretty excited about the idea of having someone else clean our house before a baby shower.

5 Replies Add Reply

I use the green mop and really like them. They’re fairly flexible (for example, this week I asked if I could switch days and they got back to me within a few hours with a yes). They charge by the hour and are willing to work with you on price. For example, if you want to try to keep it in a certain amount, they’ll suggest things like cleaning certain rooms only every other time. I did this when I needed to go from once a month to every 2 weeks because I was recovering from surgery. I just had them clean the guest room every other time. As for price, it will depend on how large the row house is, how much they need to clean, and how often they come. I found them to be reasonable (cheaper than merry maids, for example).

I fired the Green Mop a while ago after they left my back door completely unlocked on three separate occasions.  We have three locks: the door handle, the deadbolt, and a chain.  All three were unlocked each time.  I called and talked to the management several times and for whatever reason, the cleaning people still were incapable of remembering to lock the damn door.  But what really, really pissed me off?  I reviewed them on Angie’s List and they flat out lied in their response, despite several emails between me and the management to the contrary, saying that all of the locks were undone when they arrived (which is never, ever the case) and that I had never specified that I wanted the staff to lock the door when the left.  I would NOT recommend them.  Last I checked, they also had been removed from Angie’s List after violating their guidelines.  Seriously, look elsewhere.

Oh, also.  They did a good job of cleaning the first two or three times, but truly slacked after that.  I was pretty thrilled to have a housecleaning service at first, but it really pissed me off to have to call each time when they didn’t do something basic that should have been included in the standard service, like mop the kitchen floor.

I have used a bunch of the local services and none compare to The Green Mop – flexible, you can schedule the same day and clean for $65 for one hour.  We have been really happy with them.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or