Good Jewler/Watch Repair?

Home Forums Shopping Good Jewler/Watch Repair?

Topic: Good Jewler/Watch Repair?

Shopping August 15, 2012 at 11:47 am

Good Jewler/Watch Repair?

Hi PoPville,
I recently ordered a new watch online and I need to have a couple links in the band removed. Can anyone recomend a good jewler in DC? I live in the Petworth area, but willing to travel. I know of a couple in VA but would rather not make the trip.
Thanks for any insight!

7 Replies Add Reply


We got a wedding ring resized at Bensons Jewelers in at 13th and F.  Great experience.  Much better than jewelers I’ve dealt with out in VA (I know, huge generalization).  They also do watch repair and I’m sure they could handle this for not much $.

Compton’s on H near 17th (across from Swing’s) are the real deal, but I don’t think you need someone who can fix a mechanical movement to take out a couple of links.  Anybody should be able to handle that.

What Pdmtp said — you don’t need a fancy jeweler for something as simple as removing links.
Last time I needed to do this, I had it done at Lee Brothers in Adams Morgan (near City Bikes).


No need to head out there for this job, but if it’s a good watch you’ll want to head to Ecker’s in Bethesda for servicing and repair.  He’s the best in the area.

I always go to HNP Jewelry and Watch repair.  It’s an older couple that run a counter in the basement of Rodman’s in Friendship Heights.  They can be a little spacey (he’ll often forget to call when the work is done), but they do a really good job.

Just wanted to put a recommendation for Treasure Trove jewelers on 13/F NW (Metro Center).  I’ve dealt with Dave on several occations for multiple jewelry transactions.  Very nice and does not try to upsell like many other jewelers I’ve visited.

I have had really great experiences with City Watch Maker at 1800 I Street, NW. The proprietor is very nice and does excellent, quick work.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)


Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or