German classes

Home Forums Lifestyle and Entertainment German classes

Topic: German classes

Lifestyle and Entertainment June 17, 2013 at 9:23 pm

German classes

Hey guys – I am looking to learn German. So far I’ve found classes through the Goethe-Institut and Grad School USA. Anyone have personal experiences – good, bad or ugly? Any other places I should be looking? The Grad School USA classes start next week, Goethe doesn’t start again until fall.

3 Replies Add Reply

I took a 3 week intensive course at the Goethe institute last fall – I really like it, but it’s quite, well, intense – 3 hrs per night, four days a week. To be honest, left no time for doing homework, or really absorbing the material (the teacher actually said that she felt the intensive setup isnt ideal for really learning), so I would probably do the longer course next time. But I thought the teacher was great.

I have had a good experience at the International Language Institute. Reasonable prices for group classes. 10 week courses meeting once a week at night during the week or around 11 or so on the weekend. Did not take the german class, but the Arabic one.

I took an ASL class at the USA Grad school last year – good teacher, small class. I’d go back for another language course.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or