Donating clothes

Home Forums Real Estate Donating clothes

Topic: Donating clothes

Real Estate February 11, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Donating clothes

Hi there; I have a bunch of clothes I would like to donate. Most are in good shape, including a few suits I wore a few times (I hate wearing suits). Is there somewhere I can donate them that is not one of those yellow boxes scattered around town? I would like the suits especially to go to someone who needs it for a job interview, etc. Is there an career guidance organizations that do this? If there isn’t I’ll send them over to Martha’s Table. Thanks!

3 Replies Add Reply

suitedforchange.org is one – Founded in 1992, Suited for Change’s mission is to break down barriers to self-sufficiency by providing professional clothing, career and life skills education to low-income women. Our goal is to increase their employment and job retention potential. Our services are available at no charge and by referral only to low-income women who are actively seeking employment.

If these are women’s suits, you could donate to Dress for Success in DC. They accept donations on Fridays or every 4th Saturday. In-season attire is appreciated since they have little storage space.

http://www.dressforsuccess.org/affiliate.aspx?sisid=86&pageid=22

Not sure about men’s attire, but Dress for Success may have some partners they could provide info for.

Martha’s Closet on 14th street is where I take all of my donations. It is a thrift store and all proceeds benefit Martha’s Table. They also have a program where people can get referred to them and get a certain number of “work clothes” for free.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or