Donate Gifts to Newtown Victims?

Home Forums Announcements Donate Gifts to Newtown Victims?

Topic: Donate Gifts to Newtown Victims?

Announcements December 17, 2012 at 12:38 am

Donate Gifts to Newtown Victims?

Hello PoP,

If people out there are like me then they are shocked and saddened by the tragedy in Newtown, CT, and they want to help in any small measure. Nobody can ease the pain that those families are feeling, but we can let that grieving town know that the rest of nation is grieving with them. That is why on December 23 I will be driving up to Newtown to deliver gifts from Washington, D.C. (I haven’t decided exactly where I will bring the gifts, but I am thinking about Newtown Youth and Family Services located at 15 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482. I am open to other ideas though if people have other thoughts.) I think that it would be really great if I could drive up there with gifts donated by people from our city to let Newtown know that while we are celebrating Christmas with our families, we are also thinking about those families in Connecticut who won’t be celebrating. Please, I am asking everyone in Washington to think about what would give one of these suffering families any small measure of comfort. If anything good can come out of this tragedy then it will be us coming together as humans and helping each other.

This is not a hoax. If you e-mail me then I can give you my full name and phone number and we can talk to prove that this is legit. Regardless of what happens, I am going to drive up to Newtown next Sunday (although I haven’t figured out what my gift is going to be yet :/). It would be really amazing if I could bring your gifts with me!

Please be extra grateful this Christmas that your families are alive and well, and help those families that aren’t as lucky know that they are not alone because all of Washington, D.C. is with them.

E-Mail Address: [email protected]

1 Replies Add Reply

There was a note in one of the obituaries today that one of the little girls wanted to be a veterinarian. The local animal shelter has set up a fund in her name. You could just send the money up there, instead.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)


Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or