Dog Walker Recommendation?

Home Forums General Discussion Dog Walker Recommendation?

Topic: Dog Walker Recommendation?

General Discussion July 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Dog Walker Recommendation?

We are looking to get a puppy soon and because of our work schedules, need to employ a dog walker to walk the dog once during each workday. Does anyone use a dog walker that they would recommend? Perferrably someone who will give individual walks (not a large group of dogs). Any advice would be appreciated.

7 Replies Add Reply

Depending on where you live…I would love to help you out.  I do some pet/house sitting but am not one of those multiple-dogs-on-a-leash walkers! 
I am generally free most of the day and can even host pets at my apt. if needed/wanted.
Is there a way to contact you off line if you are interested?
Otherwise, you might want to check your local listserve and see if someone in your ‘hood can help!

possibly, depending on where you live

I have a fabulous dog walker. She takes care of our almost-4 yr old Cavalier King Charles and our new 9 week old Cavalier King Charles. Her name is Laura Steiner and she can be reached at (585) 269-8477. She has been our walker for well over a year and I cannot rate her highly enough. She gives individual walks and is wonderful with ours.

I use Anytime K9 and love them – Toni also does dog and puppy training classes (  They have this great new system where they scan a magnet on your fridge when they pick up and then when they leave, so you get an email informing you that your dog got walked.  You can even follow their route on gps. 
I also take my dog to Wagtime a few days a week (, which is also good if you have a high energy pup!

We use Pet Peeps and have been very satisfied. We asked that they walk our dog with a neighbor’s dog (they enjoy each other’s company) and the walker always leaves a little note afterward so we’re sure they came. The window for the afternoon walks is a little large, but they come at the same time every day so our dog is used to the schedule. She loves Amanda (our walker) and starts wagging up a storm when we run into her on the street. 

I have two enthusiastic recommendations, depending on your neighborhood.  Both are independant operators.
For Dupont/AdMo/Ustreet I recommend Fabianna Morales.  She and her husband Oscar run “Faby’s Doggie Walker” and they are reliable, kind, flexible, affordable and they know everything about dogs (especially helpful when my old lab got sick). I trust them completely.  Used them for 2 years and recommend them without reservation.  Call Faby at (202) 725-9605.
For Shaw/Logan/everywhere else – Tori Tyree is the best. Again, she is flexible, responsible, helpful, affordable, dog-snuggling, pure awesomeness.  I adore Tori and feel so lucky to have her as our walker (since we moved out of Faby’s range).  Email Tori at tori.tyree at gmail
Good luck!  and congrats on the pup!

Has anyone found a dog walker that will also do some training reinforcement? We have a walker who has a great time with our puppy, but we want someone who will do a little more than just walk her – reminder her to sit at intersections, practice drop it and leave it. Work on leash skills, etc. We’re in Brightwood area.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or