Support

“Dog Needs ACL Surgery – any recommendations/advice as to where I should take him for vet services?”

dog hospital

“Dog Needs ACL Surgery

My mother’s dog needs to have surgery to repair a slight tear in his ACL (aka the CCL in dogs). She lives in NJ in a 2nd floor apartment and the dog won’t be able to do the stairs after his surgery. My apartment doesn’t have any stairs, so we’re discussing the possibility of bringing him down here for the surgery and recovery.

He’s a 65lb border collie/lab mix. Does anyone local have any experience with this kind of surgery for their dog and any recommendations/advice as to where I should take him for vet services? I’ve heard good things about Atlas (though I’m not sure they do this kind of procedure), but as this is an expensive surgery, I’m wondering if there are better options in the surrounding MD/VA area. [Side note, this dog used to live with me in DC for about two years, so he’ll be fine (and perfectly comfortable emotionally) with apartment/city living for the duration of his recovery, especially since his activity will have to be limited anyway.]

Any input is greatly appreciated.”

You can see all forum topics and add your own here. If you are having trouble uploading your question please email me at princeofpetworth(at)gmail Please Note this is NOT an events calendar.

Recent Stories

From WMATA: “Today, Metro’s Board of Directors approved a $4.8 billion capital and operating budget which largely maintains bus and rail service levels when the new budget year begins on…

You know her from The West Wing, Inventing Anna, and Nurse Jackie. Now you can see award-winning actress and playwright Anna Deavere Smith up close and personal at the National…

3207 O Street, NW closed since a fire back in 2018. Thanks to Mike from Wingo’s for sending: “finally after almost 6 years we opened April 15. It’s great to…

Thanks to Dan for sending from Adams Morgan. Check out the agility:

For many remote workers, a messy home is distracting.

You’re getting pulled into meetings, and your unread emails keep ticking up. But you can’t focus because pet hair tumbleweeds keep floating across the floor, your desk has a fine layer of dust and you keep your video off in meetings so no one sees the chaos behind you.

It’s no secret a dirty home is distracting and even adds stress to your life. And who has the energy to clean after work? That’s why it’s smart to enlist the help of professionals, like Well-Paid Maids.

Read More

Submit your own Announcement here.

Metropolitan Beer Trail Passport

The Metropolitan Beer Trail free passport links 11 of Washington, DC’s most popular local craft breweries and bars. Starting on April 27 – December 31, 2024, Metropolitan Beer Trail passport holders will earn 100 points when checking in at the

DC Day of Archaeology Festival

The annual DC Day of Archaeology Festival gathers archaeologists from Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia together to talk about our local history and heritage. Talk to archaeologists in person and learn more about archaeological science and the past of our

Subscribe to our mailing list