Dog Diarrhea: To pick up or not to pick up?

Home Forums General Discussion Dog Diarrhea: To pick up or not to pick up?

Topic: Dog Diarrhea: To pick up or not to pick up?

General Discussion May 4, 2016 at 9:13 am

Dog Diarrhea: To pick up or not to pick up?

This morning a lovely neighbor of mine was walking his dog down the sidewalk. As I walked past them his dog was pooping in a tree box, which he then proceeded to kick mulch over and walk away. I offered him some newspaper I had if he needed something to clean it up, his response was something to the effect of “It is diarhheay and I don’t pick up diarrhea”.

As a dog owner myself, picking up “diarrheay” dog poop is easier to do on mulch than on grass or a sidewalk (all three of which I have had to do in the past).

What do you do with your dog poop in that situation?

1 Replies Add Reply

If my dog’s poop was liquid and it wasn’t by plants, I would pick up what I can and bury the rest with mulch.. But it’s in a tree box and poop needs to be made into compost first in order to be used because of the toxins so no doubt I would pick it up in that situation. I don’t see why he couldn’t just pick it up though because I do agree it’s easier to pick up on mulch rather than grass, you could just pick up the whole clump with a bag…anyways, he should have plastic bags with him when walking his dog as a responsible pet owner and resident to the community. We always have bags with us, some treats, and some wet wipes when we go on our daily walks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or