Does anyone know where to find a good Personal Trainer?

Home Forums Recreation and Sports Does anyone know where to find a good Personal Trainer?

Topic: Does anyone know where to find a good Personal Trainer?

Recreation and Sports July 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Does anyone know where to find a good Personal Trainer?

I was recently hurt from working out on my own at a gym and I’m thinking of finding a good trainer to coach me in DC. Any suggestions?

10 Replies Add Reply

The trainers at Balance Gym in Logan Circle and Kalorama know their stuff.  Highly recommended.

I go to Fitness Together on 16th Street.  Their trainers have degrees or certifications and they really make you work.  I get evaluated on my progress every couple months and they hold me accountable for my weight training, cardio and what I eat.  I started there when I was recovering from a shoulder injury and they worked with my physical therapist to continue my progress.  I’m very pleased with the attention and motivation.  

Go to Evolution Personal Training Studio on M Street b/w 12th and 13th. Great trainers and great atmosphere. Brought me back safely from knee surgery.

My girlfriend’s been doing the small group training at Fitness Together Capitol Hill. She loves it!

Brian McGee of Higher Ground Fitness is amazing!  He does private training as well as small group classes at Hard Training in Adams Morgan.  He also has clients at Fitness First (not affiliated with their in house trainers) and if you have a gym in your building or office he will come there.  He does functional training and total body conditioning.  I have knee/ankle issues that he has helped me through and I know of others that have avoided surgery by working with him… 202-422-5995 or highergroundfitnessdc at gmail dot com

There’s a (relatively) new gym in Georgetown called The Body You Want that has both personal training, group interval classes, and just general open gym hours. Josef Brandenberg is the main guy and he’s really great.

I am a master trainer at a number of Washington Sports Clubs and am NASM certified as well as holding certifications in areas such as corrective exercise, integrated stretching, TRX, kettelbells and a few more. My degree is from UMass and I graduated in 2004.  I train both through the club and privately.  Obviously I’d need to learn more about your situation to assess your needs and goals, but please reply if you are interested and we can set up a time to talk.  

second the recommendation for Evolution above. – Lena is an awesome personal trainer – I trained with her about two years ago – and have been able to use the things she taught me.  Just check out the website – not sure if she has availability.

I work out with David Franklin in his studio.  Small, clean, friendly.  He has NEVER kept me waiting. Values my time, he knows my limitations and work around them.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or