Does anyone know a good company to remove a slanted parking pad/driveway?

Home Forums Real Estate Does anyone know a good company to remove a slanted parking pad/driveway?

Topic: Does anyone know a good company to remove a slanted parking pad/driveway?

Real Estate November 26, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Does anyone know a good company to remove a slanted parking pad/driveway?

I live in petworth and have a slanted driveway that is too steep for my car.  I want to remove the concrete and expose the dirt underneath for flowers or a garden.  The end result would be to dig out the dirt and have a submereged patio.  I’m looking for a contractor that would remove the cement first though.

4 Replies Add Reply

You should look into the RiverSmart Homes program – one of the options they offer is to pay some of the cost of removing concrete from your yard. you can get up to $1000 to defray the cost of removing the impervious surface.  green dot dc dot gov slash riversmarthomes .

I had a handyman remove the concrete pad from the back of my yard.  He and another guy did it with some sledge hammers (I had expected it to be a more involved process than it was.)  His name is Gustavo (240.468.2030) and he’s very reliable.

I used Keith Donald a few years ago to remove our broken pad.  17034993297

If you still haven’t found anyone (sorry for the late comment!), maybe try Action Junk Removal: http://trash-removal-washington-dc.md-biz.com/site/services/service/Demolition-Contractor-Services-Washington-DC 
I can’t vouch for them first-hand, as we haven’t used them yet – I found them on Yelp.  We did get in touch with them to talk about estimates for concrete demolition and haul-away, and they were very responsive. (Ultimately we decided to wait a while longer, for reasons having nothing to do with them – but I’ll be calling them again when we do need their services!)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or