Home Forums General Discussion Divorce

Topic: Divorce

General Discussion October 28, 2014 at 8:57 am

Hi all: Has anyone been through a divorce in DC or have a knowledge of the process? City websites have not been useful thus far. It would likely be a No Fault divorce, if I understand the terms correctly. We’ve been married ~2yrs, both live in DC, have no children or joint financial accounts. Only major joint expense is home we purchased in 2009.

As we’re on fairly good terms, I’d like to keep the process as fast and cheap as possible, hence considering mediation and/or No Fault, but I’ve also been advised to first consult w/an expert, and one that has my interests in mind to someone that has my interests in mind. (Plus, its just easier to talk w/a real person sometimes.) Also may want to hire someone to do the paperwork.

So: anyone done this before? Any recs on info resources, lawyers, etc? Tips, things to watch out for? Any help much appreciated. I feel overwhelmed.

2 Replies Add Reply

Oh jeez. I’m sorry, I looked on the forum and didn’t see any answers to my original post, in a different forum category, so I reposted here…did not see that you put it up on the main site. Thank you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or