Topic: DC Climate Photography Contest
DC Climate Photography Contest
I am with Sustainable DC and we are holding a climate photography contest. Below is more information.
More information can be found at http://www.sustainabledc.org/climatephotos.
Climate Photography Contest
Climate change already affects the District: more extreme storms, hotter summers, increased flooding. But we people across the District are making changes to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and prepare our community for a changing climate (like installing rain barrels or rain gardens to reduce flooding, planting trees to cool city, biking or walking to reduce carbon emissions). To better illustrate the problems and solutions related to climate change, Sustainable DC is sponsoring a climate photography contest
To be eligible for one of four prizes, submit up to five photographs of how you see climate change in DC—either as a result or a solution you see. Include a caption explaining how the image connects to the broader theme of climate change in the District. Be sure to submit by July 12, 2015.
Four prizes will be awarded:
• Grand Prize ($100) – selected by a panel of judges
• Camera Phone ($75) – selected by a panel of judges
• People’s Choice ($75) – received most votes from community
• Youth ($50) – selected by a panel of judges
• Entry must include caption that briefly explains how the image relates to climate change and why it was chosen (which will be included in judging)
• Subject must be within the District of Columbia
• Entrants must be 13 years of age. Entries from those under 13 must be submitted by an adult (indicate you are submitting on behalf of someone under 13 by checking the appropriate box)
• To be eligible for the camera phone category, you must check the appropriate box
• Please read complete contest before submitting: Climate Photo Contest Rules
Submit your entry here.