Custom Interior Doors

Home Forums Home and Garden Custom Interior Doors

Topic: Custom Interior Doors

Home and Garden January 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Custom Interior Doors

We have been wanted to install an interior door between our kitchen and laundry room.  We want to have someone build custom double doors (swing doors, saloon style) that will look nice, keep our dog out of the laundry room, and be affordable.  I know, affordable custom doors might be a crazy idea. 
When I comb Angie’s List (etc) I am just unsure of who to ask to do this job (a carpenter?).  We want
the doors to be visually attractive, but we do not have a lot of money to spend on this project.   Any ideas?

3 Replies Add Reply

A carpenter is the type of tradesman you want for sure.  They can install a door frame, select doors, and then cut them to the appropriate size.

A carpenter can work with existing doors, but if you want custom doors that are “affordable”, you need to go hunting at second hand stores like Second Chance in Baltimore – and you need to be patient.  If you want custom made doors, don’t waste your time.  You won’t find any that are low price.

Try Community Forklift in PG County…very near DC. They have great stuff, and can probably tip you off to other places to look if they don’t have any doors in stock.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or