Craigslist is a mess when looking for DC apts…

Home Forums Real Estate Craigslist is a mess when looking for DC apts…

Topic: Craigslist is a mess when looking for DC apts…

Real Estate July 25, 2012 at 11:23 am

Craigslist is a mess when looking for DC apts…

Looking for a basement or 1br apartment in NW DC right now. Craigslist is a total mess, too many duplicate posts, it’s unorganized in terms of comparing listings, and there’s a bunch of scammers. I like, but it doesn’t seem to be up-to-date with listings. Anyone know of any other good places to search for apartments (non-hi-rise) in NW DC? Or, if you have an apartment in NW, hopefully Petworth in the 1,000$ range, please let me know! Thanks!

4 Replies Add Reply

I’m afraid I don’t have any suggestions for you, but I will agree that Craigslist DC apartment listings are FAR less helpful today than they were when I was renting 4 or 5 years ago.  I tried to help my friend find a place to rent in the U St/Columbia Heights neighborhood a few weeks ago and it was nearly impossible to wade through all of the garbage.

They should charge for advertisements. Even something nominal like $2 would get rid of the vast amount of garbage.

If they can’t meet you to show the apartment, forget about it! I got my hopes up on this one great listing on CraigsList only to find out the “rentor” wanted me to send them a check in Kenya before he/she could show it to me. *Sigh*

I will be seeking a roommate for my rowhome in Petworth (8th and Gallatin) at the end of September.  I have a basement unit available, with a separate entrance and a private bathroom.  The roommate would share the kitchen with me and my brother, both who are professionals in the city. Feel free to shoot me a message if you are interested. 

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or