Contractor for weatherization work (window film, outlet insulation, weatherstripping, etc.)

Home Forums Home and Garden Contractor for weatherization work (window film, outlet insulation, weatherstripping, etc.)

Topic: Contractor for weatherization work (window film, outlet insulation, weatherstripping, etc.)

Home and Garden November 27, 2012 at 10:59 am

Contractor for weatherization work (window film, outlet insulation, weatherstripping, etc.)

I live in an old house that is tough to keep warm. I know it could benefit from things like weatherstripping, window film, outlet insulation, etc. I’m not too handy, and would like to hire someone who has expertise in this to come to my house and do it for me. They will also need to be able to evaluate what has already been done (for example, it looks like there’s some kind of weatherstripping on the outside doors but I have no idea if it was done well or does any good).
Ideally, I’d like to find a contractor who specializes in this kind of thing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Replies Add Reply

You can get this done for free through the DC government – it’s a free home energy audit from DDOE@dc.gov.  You don’t need to be low-income, I did it and I’m not.  They spend about two hours checking your windows, doors, vents, doing a blower test, etc.  I had it done about a year ago – and their advice is great!  Google it up and good luck.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or