Commuting options to Annapolis

Home Forums Travel and Transportation Commuting options to Annapolis

Topic: Commuting options to Annapolis

Travel and Transportation December 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

Commuting options to Annapolis

I will admit I don’t miss the metro, but driving to Annapolis every day sure puts a lot of miles on the car. Is anyone aware of rideshare options going in that direction? There is so little traffic that I haven’t been able to find any real interest in vanpools or anything.

4 Replies Add Reply
I’ve seen a bunch of these buses around town–commuter buses between Baltimore/Dulles/Annapolis and DC. Great time to look into commuting when you’re not driving yourself–hopefully you can avoid driving in the ice and snow!

Hey, I drive to Annapolis (Rowe & Taylor) every day from Mt. Rainier, MD. Where are you driving to and from? 

yeah, that might actually work! wow. i’ve been looking for a carpool for 3 years. can you email me at bradley.c.kennedy at gmail?

Aw, my comment got cut off.  Here it is again:
I believe that those buses only accept passengers one way – into DC in the am and out of DC in the pm. There used to be one that also ran in the reverse direction (#921) but it seems to have been discontinued. Probably because there were only 1-2 other passengers the couple of times I rode it. It left from the New Carrollton metro and was very expensive (esp. adding in the metro fare just to get to New Carollton), had weird hours, was rarely on time, and the whole trip took 2x+ times as long as driving. Plus you still had to get to your office once you got to Annapolis, which is not easy.  

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or