City Dogs Rescue Dog in Urgent Need of Foster

Home Forums Announcements City Dogs Rescue Dog in Urgent Need of Foster

Topic: City Dogs Rescue Dog in Urgent Need of Foster

Announcements January 12, 2015 at 10:48 am

City Dogs Rescue Dog in Urgent Need of Foster

From City Dogs Rescue:

URGENT CALL FOR FOSTER! Time is up now. We have five days to find Nash a foster. Nash is in decline and has nowhere to go. She needs a home without other pets for right now. We will pay for all her vet care and will set up the foster with a trainer that’s convenient to the foster’s schedule and location. Please help us spread the word.

More info:
You may have already seen my brother Roger’s profile, but I am Nash. Similar to Roger, I am living proof that you cannot break a dog’s spirit. I was rescued earlier this year when Nashville, Tennessee police and staff from the Metro Animal Care and Control executed a raid on two properties whose owner was suspected of running a massive heroin and cocaine trafficking organization, in addition to a dogfighting ring. What they discovered was horrifying: dozens of dogs and puppies – many of them emaciated, scarred, or marked with gaping bloody wounds – tied down with heavy chains, spent syringes likely used to inject the dogs with steroids, treadmills, and other evidence of dogfighting and abuse. Yet, in spite of what we had been through, my fellow pups and I greeted our saviors with wagging tails and kisses. We knew we were saved. That is the day our long road to recovery began.

Those involved in our rescue reached out to City Dogs to see if they could assist in our rescue and rehabilitation. They said yes and Roger and I officially became City Dogs. We were sent to live with CDR’s Pickens County, SC rescuers, who worked to heal our wounds, both physical and emotional. I guess that makes me an honorary Pickens Dog, which is a great badge of honor! Not once have we displayed signs of aggression towards other humans.

After several months of rest and rehabilitation, I am ready to take my next step in my journey to find a forever home… I will be coming to DC very soon and need a special foster, or better yet, and adopter! I am little bit pickier than Roger, and would do best in a home without cats. I am generally good with other dogs, but I can be picky about them, too, and am still learning how to interact properly with them. And younger children make me a wee bit nervous, so I should only be in a home with older children who can understand what I have been through and treat me kindly.

Given my background, I need a special home where my humans will be willing to continue my rehabilitation with a good trainer. But most of all, I need love and understanding. I am eager to complete this journey and find a forever home, and I promise to repay you with undying gratitude and love.

Dog Name: Nash
Suspected Breed(s): Pit Mix
Weight: 34 lbs
Personality: has lots of love to give
Observations with Dogs: picky about her canine friends, good with some dogs with proper introduction
Observations with Cats: not good
Observations with Kids: good with older kids
Rescued From: TN
If a dog has “NEEDS FOSTER” listed, they are still available for adoption. Information about our current dogs in need of fosters can be found here:… and the application to foster is here:

City Dogs Rescue is a foster based rescue in Washington, DC. We do not have a shelter. We focus on local adoptions in DC and the metro area of Maryland and Virginia. CDR has a thorough adoption process in order to find the best possible fit for each of our dogs (we do not operate under a first-come, first-served model).

Prior to arrival, all of our dogs are spayed/neutered (unless specified) and given shots for Rabies, Distemper DHPP, and Bordatella. They are tested for Heartworm, Lyme, Anaplasma, and Ehrlichia. They are dewormed at least twice and given a health check by the vet. Most dogs will have a house training accident in the initial days in their new home and we cannot guarantee any dog is housebroken or crate trained.
Our adoption fee is $350 (including puppies) unless noted — senior dogs are available for an adoption fee of $175.

If you are interested in adopting this dog, please visit:

You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or