Channel Square Apartments??

Home Forums Real Estate Channel Square Apartments??

Topic: Channel Square Apartments??

Real Estate May 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Channel Square Apartments??

I was thinking about looking at apartments in SW waterfront due to their affordability.  I know what people say about SW and the lack of things to do.  But the commute and cheap rentals make it an appealing option.
That being said, is anyone familiar with Channel Square Apartments.  What I’ve read online about it is mixed and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it.  The apartments are cheap, but are they too good to be true??  Also has this part of SW gotten safer over the last few years? 
Are there any other buildings I should check out in SW with similar pricing?  Any recommendations are truly appreciated!

2 Replies Add Reply

I have heard that the management company at Channel Square is unprofessional and difficult to work with. In my opinion, a bad management company more often than not leads to a less than enjoyable living situation unless you can avoid having anything to do with them. Keep in mind this is what I have heard from a friend who looked over there (and ultimately decided not to move in), so whether it is true or not, I do not know.

I live in SW, but don’t know much about the apartment buildings.  Crime is sporadic, but I don’t think random crimes are any worse than other transitioning residential areas in the City.  That said, I wouldn’t live on P.  If it were me, I’d try to stay north of O and west of 3rd (more activity, busier streets).  If I were looking, I’d keep an eye out for rentals from condo owners on craigslist, as well.  We’ve lived in SW for almost 9 months – we moved down from Penn Quarter.  We miss the convenience of living in the middle of everything, but we’re enjoying SW.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or