Topic: Car-free or not?
Car-free or not?
Y’all have helped me with some great advice so I thought I’d ask about my recent dilemma:
Should I go car free? Here is some background info:
1. I am currently registered in Md. so I will need to do the whole change over to DC to get parking permits.
2. I live right near a metro stop and multiple bus lines.
3. I walk everywhere (not a biker though) but dread the cold so I’m not sure what will happen come winter.
4. I hate my car but I just put in a lot of money for brake work but it still needs a bit more.
5. Not sure where to sell my car, how much to ask. Just want some money but not a ton since I just want to sell it “as is”.
6. I’ve always had a car and I have family about 3 hrs. away including a mom with some health issues so I like to have ready access to visit if needed. Do car free people rent/borrow/hitch for longer distances? It’s not in an area with public transit ):
I am so torn but at the same time the thought of not having to deal with my car seems like such a lovely idea (:
Thanks again for any and all advice!