Buying Real Estate with Solar Panels

Home Forums Real Estate Buying Real Estate with Solar Panels

Topic: Buying Real Estate with Solar Panels

Real Estate June 10, 2015 at 11:19 am

Buying Real Estate with Solar Panels

Just met with a sales rep from SolarCity, and I’m thinking over the option of going solar with their panels installed on my roof. However, they require a minimum 20 year agreement, and I am very unlikely to remain in this rowhouse that long. Curious what opinions people have on buying a house with existing solar panels installed. Is that a plus? A minus? No big deal?

I’d also welcome any feedback anyone has who has previously worked with SolarCity.

1 Replies Add Reply

I would advise against having solar panels installed. I bought a unit with associated solar panels and have been left out to dry by everyone involved. The panel installer rarely responds, but when they DO respond, their suggesting starts and ends with “call Pepco to have them set up.”

Pepco, for their part, has been MIA for 3 weeks now. I have been calling the renewable energy line (202.872.3419) every other day, being sent directly to voicemail every call. I have stalked my way through the phone tree (“if you want this press 1, if this press 2”) selecting EVERY available option only to enounter the same voicemail every time. I leave a message each time I call, often multiple times a day, and still have yet to recieve a call back. No call back. For three weeks.

I have also called the Pepco main line only to be told that “they must by busy” and that there is no other way to get in contact with them, even the customer service reps at the main number have to call 202.872.3419.

Just don’t bother with solar panels, they’re just not an option. On the other hand, if you do decide to proceed, I have some to sell you!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or