Bulk Trash Options When DC Won't Accept

Home Forums Home and Garden Bulk Trash Options When DC Won't Accept

Topic: Bulk Trash Options When DC Won't Accept

Home and Garden May 5, 2015 at 8:53 am

Bulk Trash Options When DC Won't Accept

I recently replaced an old wooden garden gate in my backyard. I tried to get DC to do a bulk trash pick up, but when they came by they left a note saying the gate didn’t qualify as household bulk trash and they wouldn’t pick it up. I went back to the DC website to try to find an alternative. They have a link to a search engine for places to send construction material, but all of the options it came up with were either exclusively for residents in other jurisdictions or only accepted materials that could be reused. This gate is deteriorated to the point that it will be of no use to anyone. I also looked into pick up services like “College Hunks Hauling Junk” but they have minimum fees and the service seems to be geared toward more than just a single item. Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive way to get rid of a single bulk item that DC won’t accept? I think I can probably transport it myself, so I’m not limited to pick-up services. I just don’t know where I can take it.

2 Replies Add Reply

The Fort Totten Waste Transfer station!!!!!! As a DC resident – it’s free, you just need to get it to them. It’s amazing – I have brought them old furniture, old kitchen cabinets, shrubbery, electronics, old paint – you name it. I think they are open between 8-3 on Saturdays….

I have been to the Ft. Totten Waste Transfer station, and it is great, but I thought the same restrictions applied to Ft. Totten as to the bulk pick up. Whenever I go, I am asked what I’m dropping off, and I think I’ll be turned away with the gate.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or