Bridal Dress Alterations

Home Forums General Discussion Bridal Dress Alterations

Topic: Bridal Dress Alterations

General Discussion March 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

Bridal Dress Alterations

Hey PoPville!
Does anyone have good recommendations for places to get a wedding dress altered? I know we’ve discussed dress alterations here in the past, however, a lot of the places named won’t actually do bridal gown work. I bought my wedding dress in the Midwest before moving to DC and so now need to find a place locally to get it fitted and altered before the wedding.
If you can pass along your/your wife’s/sister’s/friend’s/etc. recommendations, I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks much!

11 Replies Add Reply

I recommend Maria Luz of Anytime Alterations in Kensington, MD. A bit of a drive and not cheap, but reasonable and very high quality work. She knows what she’s doing and did beautiful work on my bridal gown. You can see her many positive reviews and contact info at WeddingWire:

I also reccomend Maria Luz of Anytime Alterations in Kensington.  She did a great job with my very delicate lace dress and silk slip underlay and in a pretty short time span.  I had to be very clear about dates (i.e. my wedding was on the 20th, and she suggested having it ready by the 18th, but I wanted it ready on the 5th [just in case]) and she was totally willing to work with my type-A fear-driven overplanning.  She’s also a lovely lady who took the time to chat with me a little about my life in general and offer helpful dress tips without being pushy.   

Elegance on King Street in Old Town Alexandria

If you have a car, definitely go see Estee out in Gaithersburg, MD. She is amazing and has altered both mine and a friend of mine’s wedding dress perfectly. I thought her customer service was outstanding- she will do as many fittings as it takes and without extra charge. Her prices were the best I found- her cap is $200 and she gives you an estimate right away. She has a ton of experience from what I can tell on Yelp –
And only ONE bad review, which is pretty awesome.

I’d recommend Green and Blue in Dupont Circle.  While I didn’t have any work done, I was second opinion support for a friend on altering her wedding dress.  I thought the seamstresses at G&B were extremely considerate, knowledgeable and professional.  Considering what my friend asked for, I thought the cost was reasonable for the amount of work involved, and the Dupont Circle location is convenient.  Good luck!

I recently had my wedding dress altered by Cheryl Lofton. She and her staff had to alter the bodice which had some delicate beading. It was incredible! I can’t recommend her highly enough. She’s wonderful:

A bit of a latecomer here (and my first attempt at posting seems not to have worked!), but I thought I’d add my experience. I had Diana ( alter my used wedding dress. I needed it taken out, I changed the neckline, and I needed an extra half-inch in length AND the dress was 100% lace. She did it all and the fit was absolutely perfect. Not cheap, but I thought the price was fair and reasonable for the amount and complexity of the work coupled with really fantastic results. She also altered my mother-in-law’s custom made dress that turned out to have some weird fit issue. She’d been told by other tailors it couldn’t be fixed, but Diana did it and she was thrilled. 

Beautiful elegant <a href=””>Short Wedding Dresses</a> is perfect for your mother. We provide big discount which can save you 70%. All tailor-made amazing discount blue <a href=””>Vintage Wedding Dresses</a>. Choose one discount blue mother of the bride dress for your mother today!

I’ll give you recommend a suitable wedding website gbridal, and I just bought the other day, very nice.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or