Bluegrass/Folk band

Home Forums Events Bluegrass/Folk band

Topic: Bluegrass/Folk band

Events March 19, 2013 at 11:51 am

Bluegrass/Folk band

I am looking for a small, 2 or 3 piece, folk/bluegrass band that could play for a few hours the afternoon/early evening of June 1st. The location is in Falls Church, VA in my grandma’s backyard. Does anyone have any suggestions for a band, or is anyone in PoP community interested in playing?

5 Replies Add Reply

You might look at  Karen Collins & The Backroads Band. I caught them at Eastern Market and liked them quite a bit. They seem to do a lot of local gigs, don’t know if they’d do that kind of private event.

Check out the Sligo Creek Stompers (

I would suggest The Family Hammer, a group of four really talented muscians who I have seen play bluegrass/folk shows all over the metro area, including house parties, festivals, restaurants/bars, other concert venues, etc. Check out their website and Facebook page below to listen to them and message them directly.

What do you want to pay?  Bob Perilla’s Big Hillbilly Bluegrass – which has played for years every Wednsday at Madam’s Organ is great and extra good for parties.  They played a friend’s wedding and it was great.  But they are professionals and charge professional prices.

Split String Soup often plays out in Fairfax/Falls Church
very nice guys

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or