Best resources for finding out about events?

Home Forums Entertainment Best resources for finding out about events?

Topic: Best resources for finding out about events?

Entertainment May 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Best resources for finding out about events?

Nobody can complain that there’s never anything to do in DC. But sometimes it feels like a full time job to find out about everything that’s happening.

PoPvillagers seem especially plugged into their town, so my question for PoPville is: how do you find out about events and happenings or keep track of what’s going on? What are your best sources?

I’m thinking especially about smaller or quirkier events (tango lessons at the Argentine embassy, speaker at a bookstore), but also city-wide events that get some news coverage (e.g. Cherry Blossom Festival). Bonus points for identifying those resources that eliminate the need to sign up for 100 listservs or monitor a large battery of websites!!

3 Replies Add Reply

That’s a good question. I usually get information about events from friends but I don’t know where they get it from. Usually towards the end of the week blogs like DCist will post what’s going on during the weekend but it’s not very comprehensive. Or I’ll just Google ‘What’s going on in DC this weekend’ and a few sites keep calendars of events, but the sites are usually pretty crappy. It would be nice there was (or is!) a site with an interactive user interface where you can search by activity, price, location, date, etc.

The Post’s “Going Out Guide,” and Cultural Tourism DC’s weekly email.

Yelp events are pretty well in the know.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or