Best Place to Watch WNCAA Final?

Home Forums Sports and Fitness Best Place to Watch WNCAA Final?

Topic: Best Place to Watch WNCAA Final?

Sports and Fitness April 9, 2013 at 8:48 am

Best Place to Watch WNCAA Final?

I’m looking for a place to watch UConn win its 8th Womens NCAA title. I just have no idea how popular this is. Will I go to a bar and ask them to put it on and they’ll say ‘no, we’re just gonna show 87 baseball games.’ I’m looking for suggestions in the U St or Columbia Heights area. Thanks!

4 Replies Add Reply

The DC chapter of the Uconn Alumni association will be watching it at Grand Slam Sports Bar at 10th and H St NW.

Thanks! I didn’t go to UConn, but I’m from Connecticut, so I’m pretty pumped.

Usually, if a bar is not too crowded and there are no other very important men’s sports happening, bartenders are pretty accommodating to change one TV to women’s sports.  But only if there are several other TVs for other men’s sports.  I’ve caught some women’s games at Buffalo Billiards and a few of the sports bars in Arlington. Places like Matchbox, Bar Pilar, Meridian Pint, etc. have shown women’s sports, mainly because they aren’t “sports bars” and they’re just cool places.

Thanks. I went to Lou’s, which is super chill on a Tuesday night. I was able to watch Caps, Nats, and UConn all in a row, which was perfect. And of all the strange things I chatted with the guy to my left and he had lived in the town I grew up in. Then, later, I chatted with the guy on my right and he also grew up in my town. But he was a douchbag extraordinaire, so I’d rather forget that part.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or