Best Best Title Companies, Lenders & Home Inspectors

Home Forums Home and Garden Best Best Title Companies, Lenders & Home Inspectors

Topic: Best Best Title Companies, Lenders & Home Inspectors

Home and Garden April 11, 2013 at 7:55 am

Best Best Title Companies, Lenders & Home Inspectors

If you recently bought or sold a home, please share your favorite title company, lender and home inpector. Let us know why you thought were great. Thank you for sharing!

9 Replies Add Reply

I liked working with Stewart Title – their lawyers were a big help when our sellers didn’t have title insurance (or a clean title!). I also have been pleased with our mortgage broker – Prosperity Mortgage, who uses Wells Fargo. They had great rates, good service, and lower fees – WAY better than Navy Federal. Tom O’Keefe was our guy. We just refinanced with him as well, so he’s done both of our places now (one is an investment property). AVOID Citi Mortgage.

we were very happy with steve fox at first savings mortgage ( easy to work with, he and his staff were very responsive to our constant emails; and cliff kornegay at capitol hill home inspection ( who literally saved our home purchase by coming at the LAST minute to inspect the roof (it’s a long story).

I second Stewart Title – I’ve worked with them twice and they’re wonderful.  I worked with Apex Home Loans, and they came through for me, though they were not really aggressive as I would have wanted on protesting the appraisal for my refinance.  As for home inspectors, be very careful.  They are crucial, and a bad one costs you thirty thousand the first year.  I don’t have a great one.

We worked with Doug Enger (formerly at Wells Fargo; now at Prime Lending).  He was beyond awesome!  He went out of his way to ensure the process went smoothly.  Our title company was Settlement Pros in Bethesda- they were great too!  Our inspection was through U.S. Inspect, but I would not recommend them.

For the inspection, go with Pillar to Post.
He inspected my home, and did an awesome job!

For the inspection, I worked with Jacques Sirvain from Potomac Homes (  Jacques was awesome, and at the end provided me with a thorough 80 pg document detaiking (with pictures0 every little thing that came up.  This is going to be helopful in the years to come, it’ll be a nice checklist.
For the lender, I worked with First Financial Services Inc.  They were extremely helpful and have made the proccess of securing a loan very easy (and they have very competitive interest rates as well.) 

We went with first savings as well. Daniel Carte. They were super quick unlike some of the bigger banks that can drag these things out for months. They are affiliated with Monarch Title so there is a discount involved if you go with both.

Take a look at Kemp Home Inspections.  Greg is a good guy and knows his stuff!

+1 for Cliff Kornegay for your inspection.  We’ve used him twice now and he’s been great.  He even came back by the house with all his equipment months later (after we had moved in) to take a look at something we asked him a follow-up question about – no charge!
Lisa Vernon at BB&T helped us out with our loan, and their service has been great.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or