Awning removal

Home Forums Home and Garden Awning removal

Topic: Awning removal

Home and Garden August 5, 2013 at 10:27 am

Awning removal

I have one of those awful rowhouse striped metal awnings that I would like to remove. Has anyone used a company to do this that isn’t crazy expensive? It seems like it would be too heavy to do ourselves and we would have no idea where to dispose of it.

3 Replies Add Reply

Capital Canopies has removed, installed, and repaired a couple of awnings for our building over the years. I have no idea how they compare to other companies price-wise, but they are prompt and do it all by the book (i.e., they’ll get whatever permits/approvals are necessary). Capital Canopies, Inc., 301-772-7322

Are you simply removing them because you don’t like them? If so, let me suggest you try living with them for a year.

When we bought our house, I wanted to get rid of the awnings because they are ugly.

We kept them because we were broke and couldn’t afford to get rid of them. I am so glad we did. They help keep the house cool in the summer. They make the porch MUCH more useable. They are worth having.

Agree with saf. They are ugly, but unless you have something to replace it, you’ll get rained on and won’t have shade. I hated mine and swore I’d remove it as my first project. 4 years later, I’m happy it’s there (though still scheming for an awesome replacement when I have the time and money).
Go for it if you want, but I recommend a can of Rustoleum metal paint in a color you like better first.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or