Auto Maintenance Shop

Home Forums Auto Auto Maintenance Shop

Topic: Auto Maintenance Shop

Auto January 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Auto Maintenance Shop

I am pretty sure someone posed this question a while back, but I haven’t been able to find it. Looking for a car maintenance shop that people have found to be skilled and priced relatively well. I have used the Exxon in Adams Morgan a few times and they have been fine, but I can forsee some more expensive and complex repairs coming in the future. Anyone know of any reputable shops that are competent when it comes to general car repairs?

10 Replies Add Reply

I highly recommend Marvin Yoon at Bethesda Collision Repair Center, Inc. Complete Auto Services

They recently worked on my ’98 Honda and not only did a great job at a competitive price (I called around a bit) his customer service is amazing!  He even called to follow up afterwards.  They also wash off the car once the work is completed.

5202 River Rd. A 1
Bethesda Md. 20816
[email protected]
(jnext to the McD’s and across from the Whole Foods on River Rd.)

Please let him know “Natasha” referred you if you go there (:

Murray’s in Silver Spring has always done and good and honest job. I do not recommend them for getting new tires but in terms of maintenance issues I highly recommend them. They were recommended to me because they’re known for being fair and honest mechanics. There are always folks on yelp who disagree based on their experiences but by in-large I’ve had very good experiences with them. Good luck!

For serious engine work I’ve been happy with AYT (14th and near R st) but they seem really expensive. Could be you get what you pay for. For light duty stuff like broken windows, oil changes, flat tires etc I go to Mt Pleasant Auto.  I used to go to Adams Morgan Exxon but recently had a horrible experience there and won’t be back.

AIM Auto on Rhode Island Ave is great.  It is a husband and wife team and they are very personable. I have a 92 Pontiac that always needs work and I have taken it to them with good results.  I have found that they also are a bit faster than AYT as well.  They have a lot of GM parts on hand also that makes it easier.  I think you will find though that no matter where you take your car the price of work is pretty caparable across DC.  At least that’s what I have found so far…

I’ll only take my car to Italo at Kensington Motors in Kensington off of Connecticut Ave.  He’s got the best prices around, he’s incredibly thorough, has hours on Saturdays (!), and he won’t do you don’t need.  I had him do my brakes and noticed I was past the date that I should be getting my oil changed (though no where near the milage.  He calls me when my brakes are done and tells me he checked all of my fluids and I really don’t need my oil changed but he’ll do it if I really wanted him to.  What mechanic passes on the chance to make an easy $30?  Italo does, cause he’s not a jackass.  Call him.
Kensington Motors3840 Dupont Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
(301) 949-2998

I have had good luck with Circle Exxon on Conn. Ave near Chevy Chase Circle. They are the only AAA approved garage in DC.

I second Aim Auto.

When I still owned a car, as recently as a few months ago, I took it to Auto Tech Service– 2328 Ontario Rd NW, DC 20009 (202) 797-7585–up in Adams Morgan. They were always very honest with me, repairs were done quickly and correctly, the price was beyond fair, and I simply never felt swindled which is really saying something in car repair. I’m a 20-something female and other places made me feel dumb and uncomfortable so I really liked this place. One time while fixing a part of my windshield wipers (the motor I think) they accidentally scratched my windshield so they called me, admitted to the mistake, and the same day, bought and installed an entirely new windshield for free. This was great for me, especially because my old windshield had scratches and was in bad shape before I took it to them. 

Lee’s Auto Service in Brookland.  Great, honest work at a reasonable price.  One block from the Brookland metro too!

Lee’s Auto is great. Fixed my muffler on my truck for cheap.
But they don’t do body work- Anyone have good body shop recs? 

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or