Assulted/attempted robbery on 1200 block of Euclid NW

Home Forums Public Safety Assulted/attempted robbery on 1200 block of Euclid NW

Topic: Assulted/attempted robbery on 1200 block of Euclid NW

Public Safety December 30, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Assulted/attempted robbery on 1200 block of Euclid NW

I wanted to make the community aware of what happened to me yesterday. I was walking alone eastbound on Euclid between 13th and 11th street around 2pm in the afternoon. A black teenage boy ran up to me and said “I’m going to take your bag” and was followed by a black teen girl. Both tried to restrain me or swing at me, but I fought back and was screaming my head off. They got scared and ran away. In the scuffle, the boy dropped his blackberry and the battery popped out. He was almost entirely down the block before he realized it was lying at my feet. I’ve bent down to pick it up, thinking it might’ve been my phone, and saw him booking it back up to street to me. In a panic, I run up the closest flight of stairs leading to a house’s porch and throw the phone down. He proceeds to come at me a second time for my bag (I’m still screaming “help me, i’m being robbed” at the top of my lungs) and banging on the door of the house. People start emerging from a house across the street yelling to find out where I am (I was blocked from their line of sight because of the trees in the house’s front yard).
The struggle was basically over, and knowing that he’d messed the whole thing up, the kid yells AHH F*** YOU! and just starts pounding into my face. He only got about two hits in before the blood was so bad and people were near, that he got too scared and ran away. One of the neighbors tried to chase him but lost him.
Police and medics were extremely quick to arrive. As of now, the case is for an assult with the intent to rob while armed. 
Suspect is about 15-16 years old, black male.

2 Replies Add Reply

Sorry to hear that, Happy you are ok!

That’s terrible.  Shame the others couldn’t catch them in time and given him a proper beating.  

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or