Any recommendations for a contractor to repair drywall as a result of water damage from the recent storm?

Home Forums Home and Garden Any recommendations for a contractor to repair drywall as a result of water damage from the recent storm?

Topic: Any recommendations for a contractor to repair drywall as a result of water damage from the recent storm?

Home and Garden November 26, 2012 at 11:22 am

Any recommendations for a contractor to repair drywall as a result of water damage from the recent storm?

My wife and I are seeking recommendations on a contractor to repair drywall in our kitchen ceiling.  Our kitchen ceiling had some water damage from Hurrican Sandy and we were looking for a contractor to replace the drywall in our ceiling where the water damage occured.  We own a row home in Hill East.  Any help is much appreciated!

4 Replies Add Reply

We used Carl’s Home Improvement for storm damage (dry wall, mold removal, etc) as well as subsequent projects. Highly recommend!!

Carl’s Home Improvement 

just used Eddie Construction for some projects that included drywall and Ilir was very easy to work with, and was even EARLY!  After many contractors not returning calls or just not showing up, I was happy.  He does DC and specializes in NE/SE I believe.

I hate the whole … contractors not returning calls or not showing up. I had that problem too. It’s waste of everyone’s time.

Anonymous

Make sure you fix the problem at the root of the issue, you should stop water from coming in first, that can easily lead to mold and other issues that will destroy the new drywall all over again. So many contractors are tied up on big projects that a little drywall repair is not interesting to them because it’s a job for a handyman or a “do it yourselfer” you may want to consider looking a “handyman” up instead of a “contractor” in your process of searching if the wall replacement is not a huge project.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or