ANC powers if we have completed DC Permits??

Home Forums Home and Garden ANC powers if we have completed DC Permits??

Topic: ANC powers if we have completed DC Permits??

Home and Garden January 8, 2015 at 11:17 am

ANC powers if we have completed DC Permits??

I am trying to figure out if the local ANC’s actually have any real or legal power over residential construction or building permits. We recently got permits to turn our carport into a garage. (It took a while) We are working with a larger area builder/company they did the designs and all the running back and forth for the permits. We have them post on our door.
We do NOT live in a historical area or any special zoning to our knowledge. And none of our neighbors have ever mentioned anything surrounding the topic. We have been open with our construction goals with our neighbors.
After materials were delivered today one of our neighbors called and said she was concerned that we may not have asked out ANC for permission for construction?? I can not find anything that states the ANCs have jurisdiction over approved residential building permits. I also think it is odd that this is the first and only person that have mentioned this to us. Any feed back?

1 Replies Add Reply

As it turns out, you can search legal advice letters issued regarding ANCs (who knew!):

I am not a lawyer (and this letter is pretty old), but I think you’re OK:

DCRA notifies ANCs regularly. You can call and confirm that this is the case if you happen to be worried.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or