Air Duct Cleaning Company

Home Forums Home and Garden Air Duct Cleaning Company

Topic: Air Duct Cleaning Company

Home and Garden April 8, 2013 at 9:30 am

Air Duct Cleaning Company

Any recommendations for an air duct cleaning company?   Saw the deal on LivingSocial but looks lke it’s a national company, wondering if there’s a local company that you’ve used before.

2 Replies Add Reply

We just recently had AirWiz ( come out – they were on time, professional, cleaned up pretty well and also took photos to show us before and after.  I based the decision on good reviews and would definitely recommend them. They’re from suburban MD, I think.
I’d strongly advise against Dapper Ducts (who are DC based). We used them before and apparently they not only failed to clean things, but also left us with the wrong size filter (unbeknownst to us) which left our whole system unprotected and could have caused massive, expensive problems.  

I had my ducts cleaned today using a groupon I purchased. The service isn’t what I expected— I thought duct cleaning involved some type of sophisticated negative pressure cleaning, but instead it was a small shopvac looking device with a long hose with a brush on the end.  What they considered the main line isn’t what I considered the main and therefore did not clean majority of the duct run.
The company also tried to upsell me on sanitizing cleaning for $99 and the UV Light air cleaning for $799.  I declined both.  I chaulk it up to as you get what you pay for.  I swore off groupons long ago and this was an old one ready to expire.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or