After the police, what is the best way to handle a robbery.

Home Forums General Discussion After the police, what is the best way to handle a robbery.

Topic: After the police, what is the best way to handle a robbery.

General Discussion December 20, 2012 at 11:35 am

After the police, what is the best way to handle a robbery.

My boss’s place was broken into last night in Woodley Park and the theif made off with a laptop and a high end digital camera. He filed a police report but isn’t there a division that deals directly with stolen goods and pawn shops that he can give serial numbers to? Thank you for any info you can give.

1 Replies Add Reply

Your boss should give the serial numbers to the detective investigating the case. Just call the police station and ask for the detective’s office and make he has the little card with his case number on it. They can easily check pawn records and will also check craigslist. At least that was my experience when this happened to me. They told me not to try to buy back my own property if I saw it on craigslist but to call them and they would handle it. That makes sense I guess, just for safety purposes. My burglary didn’t happen in the same police district as your boss’ but I imagine the protocol is the same for every station.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or