Advice for a unique weekend getaway

Home Forums Travel and Transportation Advice for a unique weekend getaway

Topic: Advice for a unique weekend getaway

Travel and Transportation March 4, 2013 at 11:35 am

Advice for a unique weekend getaway

Hi all-powerful forum! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a romantic couples weekend getaway that didn’t involve The Inn at Little Washington or Deep Creek, MD. For some context, we were hoping to rent a modern prefab cabin like Lost River Modern in West Virginia ( or Luminhaus in the Blue Ridge Mountains (, but the dates we were aiming for are already taken. 

Where do you Washingtontonians go to get away from it all?
Thanks! -Peter 

7 Replies Add Reply

Sorry folks, those links should point to &

Worst name ever, but Hot Tub Heaven ( is pretty nice..  small cabins in a mountainside community outside Front Royal, Va, and each cabin has a hot tub. Spent a couple nights there over New Years, and it was great.

While not at the upper eschelon of cabin design, my family owns a share of a rental cabin in Luray near the Shenandoah River.  It’s got a funky modern-ish style and we have been renovating it to be a comfortable place to chill in the woods.  It has a big fireplace, outdoor firepit and a hot tub.  It’s rented through a property manager in Luray.  If you are interested, check it out here:

I’ve stayed a few times at Woodside Cabins in Rileyville They aren’t fancy but they do have hot tubs and great views and the owner is very nice. I’ve heard nice things about Shadow Mountain but I’ve never stayed there. And I quite like North Fork Mountain Inn in Smoke Hole, WV but it’s a B&B not a cabin (though they do have a cabin on the property):

Lots of nice cabins nearby (i hr. drive)  around Front Royal or Luray VA.   Look on or – you can search for things like “hot tub.”    This one is probably too much for a couple – but a spectacular house with an incredible view –  Lots of privacy but only 15 min. drive to civilization.

we rented a cabin in blackwater falls state park in WV which worked out very well for us. beautiful hiking nearby.

Thanks for all of these answers, guys! Let the researching & booking begin 🙂 

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or