A Beacon of Hope

Home Forums Food and Dining A Beacon of Hope

Topic: A Beacon of Hope

Food and Dining August 13, 2014 at 10:01 am

A Beacon of Hope

So, our wedding came and went.

Many of you will remember our far-less-than flattering review of the Tabard Inn.
We certainly remember your delightful responses.

But this post is to share with you the amazing experience we had at the nearby Beacon Hotel off Rhode Island and 17 NW.

Two, full reviews on Yelp, but here’s the bottom line:

Aric is Director of Catering. From ensuring I had parking right outside the hotel, to introducing us to the head chef so he could custom-design our dinner, this dude went so above and beyond the call of duty that I’m still singing his praises two weeks later.

I worked customer service for a few years as a young lad, and I understand that it’s not easy to meet the needs of total strangers who themselves may not know what they want, so it was both refreshing and relaxing to have worked with the staff of the Beacon.

The venue looks great. Everyone said the food was the best they’d ever had a wedding. The staff is super friendly. And the location? Just south of Dupont?

Three cheers for the Beacon. That’s about all I got.

1 Replies Add Reply

Congrats on your wedding and glad it went so well! I was one of the people cheering you on with your rant against the Tabard Inn, btw. Glad the second venue worked better for your needs.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or