Topic Tag: Logan Circle
Support a great neighborhood school and get some great prizes at the same time.
We are doing something entirely different for our auction this year! Our theme is “A Taste of the Neighborhood,” and our auction items will highlight all of the great restaurants and food-related businesses DC has to offer with an emphasis on the businesses within our neighborhood: U Street, Logan Circle, and Shaw! Get ready to bid on some great auction items. And a special thanks to our sponsoring businesses!
Also new this year is our drawing! Donate to Garrison and you will automatically be entered into our drawing. You may win 4 Hopper Passes to Walt Disney World or 5-days of bike camp with Capital Cycle Camp! Results will be announced at our After-auction Event.
By participating in our auction, you are helping a great neighborhood school. Our fundraisers help to pay for field trips, cultural events, and other out-of-school activities like our Saturday Interactive Art Workshops. And because this auction is completely on-line, you can be charitable from the comfort of your own home.
Let’s start bidding!
Bidding opens at 8:00AM on Friday, April 1, 2016 and ends 8:00PM on Monday April 10, 2016.
Our After-auction Event is on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 (5:30-7:30PM) at Gallagher & Graham Fine Spirits (1939 12th Street NW).
11/17/2015 at approx 12:30pm
I counted six MPD police cars on 12th Street NW, between S and T (Garrison Elementary School nearby). The cops were heavily armed, running towards a house, while others surrounded a nearby alleyway.
I’m curious if anyone has details on the incident.
Hello PoPville readers,
Writing on the off chance that anyone might have picked up, seen, or heard anything about a lost shoe (Reebok CrossFit Nano sneaker, Women’s size 7.0, mint/white with gray shoelaces), unwittingly dropped approximately one week ago from an accidentally unzipped bag, somewhere along 14th St NW between Rhode Island and R St.
The solemate of the sneaker pictured here is missed very, very much, and its owner would greatly appreciate it if anyone might have any leads. No questions asked if returned!
Please email [email protected] with any information.
Thank you in advance!
Please support Garrison Elementary by participating in our on-line auction. Bidding opens promptly at 8:00AM on May 1st and closes at 8:00PM on May 8th. The first 5 people to place a bid will receive five 24-hour membership passes for Capital Bikeshare valued at $35!
Top 5 Reasons to Bid & Donate:
1. All proceeds go directly to the students: Money raised will help fund enhanced programming and school trips like the one we have planned for Port Discovery Children’s Museum in Baltimore.
2. Your support helps local businesses: We have been overwhelmed by the donations provided by our generous local sponsors. Let’s return the love and go to their establishments.
3. A strong neighborhood school makes a strong community: Neighborhood schools are the fabric of our community. Strengthen our neighborhood schools with enhanced programming, events, and extra-curricular activities, and a healthy, vibrant local community will surely follow.
4. Give yourself a treat: We have some really nice auction items. Why not splurge on yourself or someone you love and help Garrison at the same time?
5. Just because it feels good: Altruistic giving makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!
At approximately 6 am this morning, I was crossing the street at 13th and R St. NW and noticed a belt clip (see photo) with a substantial number of keys (11) that had been clipped to the top of a traffic sign.
(Maybe someone dropped them and a passerby thought the keys’ owner would have a better chance at recovering them if they were affixed somewhere not on the ground?)
On the clip are also two lanyards (not depicted) and each one is embroidered with a name. Knowledge of the names on the lanyards would prove exceptionally helpful in demonstrating that the keys belong to someone replying to this ad.
If you think these might be yours, a bestie’s, or someone you know, please reply so we can get to work reuniting the keys with their rightful owner!
Yesterday my neighbor launched the 13th Street Little Free Library. Leave a book. Take a book. So far there are a variety of contributions: Lonely planet travel guides, yes. Signed copies of books, yes. Novels, yes. Bookmarks, yes. What will be in there tomorrow?
Next time you’re in Logan Circle, bring your extra books and see what is in the Little Library!
The 13th St Little Free Library is right next to Logan Circle.
13th St and O St NW
Browse Topics by Forum
- Announcements (649)
- Home and Garden (485)
- General Discussion (457)
- Events (319)
- Public Safety (250)
- Real Estate (245)
- Other (140)
- Food and Dining (129)
- Travel and Transportation (128)
- PoPville (86)
- Life and Society (55)
- Neighborhood News (42)
- Governement and Politics (38)
- Shopping (37)
- Recreation and Sports (36)
- Auto (35)
- Art (35)
- Sports and Fitness (31)
- Entertainment (27)
- Children (27)
- Local News (23)
- Family (23)
- Business (22)
- Schools and Education (21)
- Music (21)
- Books and Literature (17)
- Computers and Internet (16)
- Food and Drink (15)
- Lifestyle and Entertainment (11)
- Religion and Spirituality (4)
- Movies and TV (3)
- Sports and Recreation (3)
- Show All Forums