Topic Tag: " Garrison
Support a great neighborhood school and get some great prizes at the same time.
We are doing something entirely different for our auction this year! Our theme is “A Taste of the Neighborhood,” and our auction items will highlight all of the great restaurants and food-related businesses DC has to offer with an emphasis on the businesses within our neighborhood: U Street, Logan Circle, and Shaw! Get ready to bid on some great auction items. And a special thanks to our sponsoring businesses!
Also new this year is our drawing! Donate to Garrison and you will automatically be entered into our drawing. You may win 4 Hopper Passes to Walt Disney World or 5-days of bike camp with Capital Cycle Camp! Results will be announced at our After-auction Event.
By participating in our auction, you are helping a great neighborhood school. Our fundraisers help to pay for field trips, cultural events, and other out-of-school activities like our Saturday Interactive Art Workshops. And because this auction is completely on-line, you can be charitable from the comfort of your own home.
Let’s start bidding!
Bidding opens at 8:00AM on Friday, April 1, 2016 and ends 8:00PM on Monday April 10, 2016.
Our After-auction Event is on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 (5:30-7:30PM) at Gallagher & Graham Fine Spirits (1939 12th Street NW).
Please support Garrison Elementary by participating in our on-line auction. Bidding opens promptly at 8:00AM on May 1st and closes at 8:00PM on May 8th. The first 5 people to place a bid will receive five 24-hour membership passes for Capital Bikeshare valued at $35!
Top 5 Reasons to Bid & Donate:
1. All proceeds go directly to the students: Money raised will help fund enhanced programming and school trips like the one we have planned for Port Discovery Children’s Museum in Baltimore.
2. Your support helps local businesses: We have been overwhelmed by the donations provided by our generous local sponsors. Let’s return the love and go to their establishments.
3. A strong neighborhood school makes a strong community: Neighborhood schools are the fabric of our community. Strengthen our neighborhood schools with enhanced programming, events, and extra-curricular activities, and a healthy, vibrant local community will surely follow.
4. Give yourself a treat: We have some really nice auction items. Why not splurge on yourself or someone you love and help Garrison at the same time?
5. Just because it feels good: Altruistic giving makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!
Garrison Elementary’s First Ever On-line Auction
Garrison Elementary is holding its first ever on-line auction from May 1, 2015 8:00AM to May 8, 2015 8:00PM! Support a neighborhood school by bidding on items donated by our generous local businesses. The auction is completely on-line, so you can be charitable in the comfort of your own home.
Please forward this email to your families, friends, and neighbors and make sure to bookmark our auction web-site:
Garrison Elementary is a Title I school with over half of our students from low-income families. Your contribution will help support the students at Garrison by helping to fund field trips, extra-curricular activities, and special programs. Funds raised will also help support our monthly cultural events and other special events like Teacher Appreciation Week.
Some of our local donors include:
Cork Wine Bar
Yes! Organic Market
Pekoe Wellness & Acupuncture Spa
Love & Carrots
From the Farmer DC
Starlight Sleep Coaching
Barber of Hell’s Bottom
And many, many more!
Help make Garrison’s first auction a smashing success by bidding on our items!
Registration is now open! Although, you can’t start bidding until May 1st, you can register and donate.
To get up-to-date information on our auction, follow us at https://www.twitter.com/garrisonpta #bidgarrison.
Thank you for supporting a neighborhood school!
Browse Topics by Forum
- Announcements (615)
- Home and Garden (482)
- General Discussion (444)
- Events (283)
- Public Safety (246)
- Real Estate (239)
- Other (140)
- Food and Dining (128)
- Travel and Transportation (126)
- PoPville (84)
- Life and Society (54)
- Neighborhood News (42)
- Governement and Politics (38)
- Shopping (36)
- Auto (35)
- Recreation and Sports (35)
- Art (35)
- Sports and Fitness (31)
- Entertainment (27)
- Children (26)
- Local News (23)
- Family (23)
- Business (22)
- Music (21)
- Schools and Education (19)
- Books and Literature (17)
- Computers and Internet (16)
- Food and Drink (15)
- Lifestyle and Entertainment (11)
- Religion and Spirituality (4)
- Movies and TV (3)
- Sports and Recreation (3)
- Show All Forums