Home › Forums › Home and Garden › Repair or Replace Porch Roof – Contractor Recommendation › Reply To: Repair or Replace Porch Roof – Contractor Recommendation
We’ve worked with Tom Daniel (google thomas daniel roofing), he was referred to us from Fragers a year ago. Sandy did a number on our roof and apparently there were prexisting leaks that the previous owners “forgot” to mention. He was very professional, answered emails very quickly and could work on the roof w/o you being home (which is great for me and the husband since we both don’t get home until 7 pm at night). He would come out and do a free estimate, take photos of everything that was wrong and itemized the cost of everything. Before the winter, he sent us a reminder to do some preventative fixing on the roof (around $300)… his breakdown for our major roof problem was:
1. Repair leak in front of house near the hatch/trap door
2. Additional numerous repairs on flashing and other areas as necessary including the skylight and the eave (back) of roof near gutter on right hand side of house.
3. Clean off debris (leaves, mud, etc) prior to work – for aruond $1K.
4. Remove leaves, mud, etc from back gutter
5. Apply new coat of fibered aluminum coating