Please please please don’t use poison or glue traps. Poison has the possibility of harming other animals or children. If a poisoned rat dies on the street or runs to the neighbors house or your house, a dog or cat or child can easily get a hold of it. I have see it happen before…… I am against glue traps, because you are starving the mouse to death & sometimes you will still need to kill it.
I agree w jack5 on finding out the entry way, but I disagree with his recommendation to make the purchase at Home Depot. I am just not a fan of them. I also want to recommend using electric mouse traps…. you will find them on amazon and google.