Reply To: Engineer for basement renovation

Home Forums Home and Garden Engineer for basement renovation Reply To: Engineer for basement renovation


I believe you’ll actually need an architect primarily, with a structural engineer to consult and stamp any structural drawings.  I recommend Paul Wilson (Architect) and Robert Wixson (Structural engineer – APAC Engineering).  I used them both for a gut renovation/addition project on my Petworth rowhouse and I plan to consult them both when I do my basement renovation.  I’d be interested in talking to you further if you end up underpinning (I have gotten one bid to underpin and dig down approximately 14″ and I’m currently evaluating my options).