I wondered if you had any suggestions for my problem.
From midnight to 3am my neighbors around the corner (who moved in a few months ago) will shout loudly and argue while swearing at the top of their lungs with each other, on the back porch and in the alley outside the house they live in. My bedroom abuts the same alley and it’s impossible to escape the noise.
If it was just an occasional party I wouldn’t make it a big deal but it’s seriously loud, regular, pretty aggressive, and very late at night.
I have a new baby coming soon and the situation is not improving.
What do you think? Can the police do anything or do I just have to hope those folks move or calm down once the heat passes? I don’t want to cause problems for the neighbors but it’s becoming a serious problem for the quality of life in the neighborhood. I hate to involve the police but I don’t know what else to do.
Would appreciate any thoughts on how best to proceed.”
This rental is located at 1317 Shepherd Street, NW. The listing says:
“Beautiful new condo on the top floor, perched above neighboring houses. Tall vaulted ceilings, 12 huge windows on 3 exposures, great views. Friendly neighbors in this 8-unit building on a quiet, tree-lined street in a central location.
– New construction, energy efficient appliances, low utility bills, dual flush toilets
– Central HVAC
– Large in-unit washer and dryer
– Gas cooking, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances
– Solid oak hardwood floors throughout
– Built-in iPod dock and speaker system
– Water / sewer included, you pay gas and electric
– No pets, no smoking
– Easy street parking, ZipCar behind building
– 1 year lease, available August 27
Perfect Location – 5 to 15 minute walk from:
– Transportation: Petworth or Columbia Heights Metro, buses on 14th, 16th, or Georgia
– Shops: brand new Safeway, Yes! Organic Market, Annie\’s Ace Hardware, Target, CVS
– Bars / restaurants: Red Derby / Taqueria Habanero, Petworth Citizen / Slim\’s Diner / Timber Pizza, Qualia Coffee, Pho Viet, The Coupe / Meridian Pint
– Neighborhood amenities: library, dog park, pool, 2 community gardens
– One block from Rock Creek Park
Live close enough to walk to it all but just far enough to avoid the city noise and traffic!”
“On Saturday, August 20th, starting at 8pm, we’ll be hosting our
8th Annual Derby Prom
Glam Rock is the theme, paying homage to Prince and Bowie.
We’ll have a special punch called Killer Queen. And the Derby will be decked out with Glam Rock accoutrements. And, of course, we encourage our guests to don their thrift store finery.
The back room will have a prom backdrop, and Ann Marie will be taking prom photos. We’ll also have a roving photographer taking candids. Any money that folks might want to contribute will be donated to DASH, District Alliance for Safe Housing, and our back-to-school drive for the kiddos.”
Has anyone noticed the crazy wine prices at the Petworth Safeway? Typically cheap bottles there are now ~$10 dollars more than Trader Joes or the local corner stores. Is this some marketing scheme to increase prices only to make the discounts seem substantial? Has anyone else seen this practice at other Safeways in DC? This is clearly a first world problem but me and my fellow winos are curious about what’s going on.”
3rd or 4th time in a year this fire hydrant has continually run on corner of Webster Street NW and Illinois Ave NW. 5th straight day and 311 has been contacted and if you see on hydrant it says out of service.”