2408 18th Street, NW
In happier news – Lotus Blooms has opened in the former NY NY Diva space on 18th Street. Still waiting to hear who will take over the rest of the space formerly held by NY NY Diva. Continue to stay tuned on that front.
2427 18th Street, NW
Update: It’s been rescheduled to the following Friday (10/9)
From an email:
“Attention Peter, Peter pumpkin drinkers: The Black Squirrel’s Seventh Annual Smashing Pumpkin Beer Fest commences Friday, October
2nd9th, starting at 5pm. Join the Squirrel for a night stuffed with all things pumpkin.
Pumpkin beers will be flowing on 18 of the 57 tap lines, featuring the following line-up:
· 21st Amendment/Elysian He Said Pumpkin Belgian Triple (8.2%, San Francisco, California)
· 21st Amendment/Elysian He Said Baltic Pumpkin Porter (8.2%, San Francisco, California)
· Ace Pumpkin Cider (5%, Sebastopol, California)
· Avery Gored! Pumpkin Ale (5.3%, Boulder, CO)
· Ballast Point Pumpkin Down Scottish Ale (5.8%, San Diego, CA)
· Blue Mountain Spooky Bourbon-Barrel Aged Pumpkin Ale (8.2%, Afton, VA)
· Cisco Pumple Drumkin (6.8%, Nantucket, Mass)
· DC Brau/Epic Fermentation Without Representation Pumpkin Porter (8%, Denver, Colorado)
· Elysian The Great Pumpkin (2014) (8.1%, Seattle, Washington)
· Nebraska Wick for Brains Pumpkin Ale (6.1%, Papillion, NE)
· Schlafly Pumpkin Ale (8%, St. Louis, Missouri)
· Shipyard Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Smashed Pumpkin Ale (2014) (11.2%, Portland, Maine)
· Southern Tier Pumking (2014 and 2015) (8.6%, Lakewood, New York)
· Southern Tier Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout (10%, Lakewood, New York)
· Timmerman’s Pumpkin Lambic (4%, Itterbeek, Belgium)
· Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale (8%, Easton, Pennsylvania)
· Wolaver’s Organic Pumpkin Ale (5.35%, Middlebury, Vermont)
Treat yourself to the Chef’s all-pumpkin menu that includes: Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Veggie Burgers, Pumpkin Mac and Cheese, Roasted Pumpkin and Sage Pasta, Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Ice Cream Floats.
The celebration continues until the pumpkin stock is depleted. New pumpkins beers will be tapped throughout the fall season, so check back often. This is so much better than a pumpkin latte.
Seventh Annual Smashing Pumpkin Beer Fest at The Black Squirrel
Friday, October 2nd, starting at 5:00 p.m.”
From Alert DC:
“PEPCO reports a power outage centered in the Adams Morgan & northern Dupont Circle areas. Approximately 2,000 customers are affected. PEPCO has multiple crews on the scene working on the problem. There is no estimated time of repair yet. DC DDOT is sending crews to the area to assist. However, please be careful when driving, and treat all malfunctioning traffic signals as stop signs.”
This rental is located at 2440 16th Street, Northwest. The listing says:
“The Park Tower Condos on prestigious16th Street,directly across from Meridian Hill Park.This home is a short walk from U Street/Adams Morgan/Dupont, equidistant between the Columbia Hts & U St. Metros, and just a block from Harris Teeter. The updated 611 sf. 1 bedroom unit features a large bedroom, modern bath, washer/dryer and fantastic daylight. 24 hr Doorman. Fitness rm. New paint. New carpet.”
You can see more photos here.
This 1 bed/1 bath is going for $1,700/Mo.
1781 Florida Avenue, NW
This is the former Hans Pedr Kaffe/Locolat space that closed back in January. A new liquor license placard for Red, White and Basil says:
“A restaurant serving freshly-made pasta as well as beer and wine. Entertainment may include background music and occasional DJ. Total number of seats: 17. Total Occupancy Load: 18. Total number of Sidewalk Cafe seats: 20.”
Updates as they get closer to opening.
via Red, White and Basil
2436 18th Street, NW
From an email:
“After 40 years, the purveyor of mouthwatering pizza in the Southeast, Mellow Mushroom, is adding beef and veggie burgers to their already eclectic menu. These were previewed at select locations in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina & Texas this summer, but as of October 1, 2015 they will be available at Mellow Mushroom locations nationwide.
The beef burger (Carnie) is made of 100% choice, all natural, certified Black Angus Beef. The beef is humanely raised and minimally processed, using no additives or ammoniated procedures. It will be available with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, romaine lettuce, tomato, pickles and garlic aioli spread.
The veggie burger (Herb), which can stand up to any beef patty, consists of kale, quinoa, roasted mushrooms, and brown rice among other seasonings and vegetables. These hearty, house-made patties are made with the highest-quality ingredients. The veggie patty will be prepared with Cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato, sweet onions and fresh avocado.”
2226 18th Street, NW
From Dr. Clock’s facebook (thanks to Barred in DC for the tweet):
“September will be the last month for the Clock, guys and gals, as I’ve decided to partner up at Steel Plate over in Brookland. There will assuredly be ample Clockisms, and I encourage you to mosey through and scope it all out once the move is complete.
The Clock space will go back to being the upstairs of Rendezvous Lounge.
Until later, friends – Van“
Photo used with permission by Michael Horsley
Thanks to Michael Horsley for allowing us a glimpse back in time from his incredible photo archive. This is “17th and Columbia Road NW Washington DC, 1984” You can read an awesome history about the Ontario Theatre from Streets of Washington here.