Ed. Note: Register Here.
Thanks to a reader for passing on:
“The DC Community Heritage Project House History Workshop gives community historians, of any skill or knowledge level, an overview of the DC Public Library Washingtoniana Division’s collection. Participants will learn how to research the history of their own home or any other historical property through sessions on:
- DC Maps – Led by historian and editor of the H-DC listserv Matthew Gilmore
- Historic Building Permit Database – Led by historian, author, and tour leader, Brian Kraft.
- Photo Archives and Resources of the Historical Society of Washington, DC(HSWDC) – Led by Photo Librarian at the DCPL Washingtoniana Division, Michele Casto and Anne McDonough, Library and Collections Director, HSWDC.
- Microfilm Records – Led by historian and archivist Jerry McCoy of the DCPL Washingtoniana Division
- Neighborhood Context/DC Digital Museum – Led by Jasper Collier, Curator of Digital Collections, Humanities DC.
- Built in 1878;
- Owned by Mary A. Kuehling;
- Built for an estimated $3000 (roughly $67,000 in 2010 dollars);
- And occupied as a semi-detached family home.