3 Comment

  • Emmaleigh504

    Nice color.

  • The last eight houses on that block are all fantastic

  • These three from Kenyon Street were built in 1898 with an estimated construction cost of $6,000 each. Developer/architect John G. Meyers, who had designed and built the ornate Heurich mansion in 1892, was a little ahead of the curve here in Washington by dropping the stone carving around the door and windows and going with a clean, simple look. The turret does the talking! Front porches would not become de rigueur until 1906-07.

Comments are closed.