Photo by PoPville flickr user ep_jhu
The ongoing effort to rebuild and upgrade the Metrorail system to provide safer and more reliable service will continue over the weekend of March 15-17 on the Red and Orange lines. The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday and continue through system closing on Sunday.
There is no scheduled work this weekend on the Green, Yellow or Blue lines.
On Saturday, March 16, the Metrorail system will open two hours early — at 5 a.m. — for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon.
• Free shuttle buses will replace Red Line trains between NoMa-Gallaudet and Takoma for ongoing platform reconstruction, track upgrades and DDOT bridge work.
• Three stations will be closed: Rhode Island Ave, Brookland and Fort Totten.
• Red Line trains will operate in two segments: between Glenmont and Takoma, and between NoMa-Gallaudet and Shady Grove.
• Trains will operate every 10 minutes from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. and every 15 minutes at other times.
• Shuttle bus service will operate between NoMa-Gallaudet and Takoma stations. Customers using shuttle bus service should add up to 40 minutes to their travel time. • Customers can use Green Line trains between Fort Totten and Gallery Place to avoid the work zone.
• Note: To allow for bus connections, the last train of the night from Glenmont to Takoma will depart 38 minutes earlier than normal — at 1:59 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, and at 10:59 p.m. on Sunday night.
• Orange Line trains will single track through two work zones: between East Falls Church and West Falls Church for Silver Line testing, and between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly to allow for platform reconstruction, tie and insulator renewal, and track maintenance.
• Orange Line trains will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
• Customers traveling on the Orange Line should allow about 15 minutes of additional travel time.
Sprite! Have one myself.Lawn Decoration of the Day
Then maybe you should give your dad's concerns some more thought. Not that you need to...Random Reader Rant and/or Revel
You might have better luck than usual today. Crummy weather, a holiday weekend, and the...Random Reader Rant and/or Revel
Rant: Flavored greek yogurt. I love greek yogurt so I thought I'd give the single...Random Reader Rant and/or Revel