555 8th Street, NW
The upper patio of the Poste courtyard has been transformed into a wintery cocktail lounge, complete with seasonal libations, fondue, fire pits and blankets. Lead bartender Jason Wiles has created a selection of seasonal sips that are available exclusively on the patio. Select drinks include: the Smokin’ Bacon Hot Chocolate made with bacon-infused Bulleit bourbon, hot cocoa and a homemade bacon cayenne marshmallow; and the Flip You For Real made with Maker’s Mark, apple cider, caramel and a whole egg. There will also be a selection of dark spirits and fortified wines for sipping. Chef Dennis Marron has created a menu of fondues, soups, and other bar bites available for sharing on the patio. The S’mores Fondue ($14), made with melted milk chocolate with graham crackers and marshmallows makes for a fun twist on traditional s’mores. Also available will be Classic Cheese Fondue ($17), melted comté cheese served with cubed bread, apples and sausage. Guests can also indulge in a classic Dark Chocolate Fondue ($11) served with fruit. Seasonal soups, escargots, mussels, mac and cheese, and selections from the raw bar are also available.
The official launch of the cour de l’hiver will be held on November 3rd from 4pm to 8pm in the courtyard, during which guests can lounge with blankets and heaters and sample $5 specially-priced cocktails from Wiles and complimentary bites from the courtyard menu by Chef Marron with live music from the Joe Chiocca band.
After the jump is the full cour de l’hiver cocktail menu:
· Smokin’ Bacon Hot Chocolate ($12) bacon-infused Bulleit bourbon, hot cocoa and a housemade bacon cayenne marshmallow
· Elysium ($14) amaro, amaretto, Grand Marnier, coffee and chocolate bitters
· Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fire ($13) mezcal, spiced rum and agave sweetened green tea
· Pearly Legal ($13) Subarashii Kudamono pear dessert wine, Rye Whiskey, Nardini Acqua di Cedro, Nardini Mandorla, apple bitters, Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pear Eau de Vie
· Flip You For Real ($14) Maker’s Mark, apple cider, caramel, whole egg
· A Midautumn Night’s Dream ($14) High West Silver Western Oat Whiskey, roasted pumpkin puree, Domaine de Canton, maple syrup, Domaine de Canton whip cream, Angostura bitters
Plum and Millie are so cute!Your Afternoon Animal Fix
BloomBars is a gem. It's a kid's musical circus houseparty. John has gotten everything...City Kids – BloomBars Harambe!
Re-reading my comment, it probably doesn't make sense to say that the parking spot wasn't...Dear PoPville – Valet Parking Abuses
This happened to me on a Sunday morning downtown near McPherson Square. I parked in the...Dear PoPville – Valet Parking Abuses
The underlying mortgage part of the coop fee will go down over time and turn into equity....Good Deal or Not? “ONLY $95,000 TO PURCHASE” edition