The house we’ve been watching getting renovated at 301 M Street, NW is finished and for rent. There are two craigslist ads for The Clara
First a one bedroom for $2100:
With 570 well-organized sq. ft. and 9.5 foot ceilings, this sunny apartment is pleasant and filled with amenities. Its open kitchen is completely new, with granite counters, stainless steel appliances and all-wood cabinets, cleanly designed for good cooking and entertaining. The apartment has original heart-of-pine flooring, good closet space, well-thought out storage shelving, washer/dryer, fully modern CAT 5 , central air-conditioning..
Inside, its grand, original windows with built-in shutters and elegant wood trim show off a fine view of the US Capitol. Outside, the vista is dazzling. This apartment comes with a huge, private deck of 220 sq. ft, just waiting for you to preside over memorable outdoor entertaining. On a highly visible corner, this historic building has a spectacular exterior and resident-friendly landscaping. Admiring nearby neighbors consider it the local “gold standard” for successful restoration.
Second is a two bedroom for $3900 [photos at the bottom of linked page]:
This apartment has all the interior space and exterior landscape of a two-story, high Victorian house. The layout offers superior entertaining space on the main level and flexible private space on the 70′ lower level. Two master bedroom suites separated by a multi-purpose middle room will easily support
•one household needing two bedrooms, or
•two separate households sharing the apartment, or
•one household using one of the bedrooms as a home office.
Admiring nearby residents call the CLARA the local “gold standard” for successful restoration because of its spectacular exterior, beautiful landscaping and plenitude of amenities. Its excellent features include: (See attached photos)
•11′ high ceilings
• 50′ vista from living room through dining room to kitchen
• Grand living room, with gas fireplace and original mantelpiece
• A windowed bay just right for intimate dinners
• Gorgeous mahogany throughout the main floor, including spectacular mahogany pocket doors between living and dining rooms
• Beautiful, original heart-of-pine flooring
• Huge, deepset windows with built-in shutters
• Spacious dining/party room
• Powder room and guest coat closet on main floor
• Sparkling new kitchen with granite countertops, brushed nickel/ stainless steel appliances, solid wood cabinetry, domed chandelier
• Two spacious, very sunny master bedrooms
• Each master bedroom has its own master bathroom with
granite-topped vanities. One bathroom has double sink bowls and glassed-in shower; the other has a single sink bowl, tub/shower; and hot towel rack
• Five large closets
• Built-in bookcases
• A multipurpose room — use as library, office, game or media room
• Generous outside patio areas – even space to garden in
• Fully modern CAT 5 wiring for IT needs
How do you think the reno turned out?
Plum and Millie are so cute!Your Afternoon Animal Fix
BloomBars is a gem. It's a kid's musical circus houseparty. John has gotten everything...City Kids – BloomBars Harambe!
Re-reading my comment, it probably doesn't make sense to say that the parking spot wasn't...Dear PoPville – Valet Parking Abuses
This happened to me on a Sunday morning downtown near McPherson Square. I parked in the...Dear PoPville – Valet Parking Abuses
The underlying mortgage part of the coop fee will go down over time and turn into equity....Good Deal or Not? “ONLY $95,000 TO PURCHASE” edition