From Busboys and Poets:
Cuba: Busboys and Poets “Cuban Culture, Business and Sustainability”
Dates: July 1, 2012 – July 7, 2012
After much planning and anticipation Busboys and Poets is proud to announce our upcoming trip to Cuba! We’ll be spending 6 days in Havana, Cuba exploring the arts and culture of the city and we hope that you will join us!
The trip’s theme and title is “Cuba Culture, Business, and Sustainability” and will combine opportunities to learn about the art and culture of Cuba by visiting sites and meeting people working in the arts, culture, and business fields. We will also share our business practices in these discussions and explore the intersection of sustainable business, good art, and service to the community.
First, a little background about our restaurant: Busboys and Poets is a community where racial and cultural connections are consciously uplifted…a place to take a deliberate pause and feed your mind, body and soul…a space for art, culture and politics to intentionally collide…we believe that by creating such a space we can inspire social change and begin to transform our community and the world.
The trip will be a first for the Busboys and Poets travel team! We are excited to be kicking off with an exciting and rare trip to experience the arts, culture, business, and people of Cuba!
Program Highlights may include:
• Meetings with Cuban architects and learn how Havana developed and take a tour of the city with various stops to promote lively discussions about urbanization.
• A meeting with UNEAC, Union of Writer and Artists to discuss the literary life and traditions of Cuba. We will be joined by poets and writers
• Visit the studios of local artists
• Evening performances with young classically trained singers, dancers and musicians—traditional Afro-Cuban music and dance, and more!
• Visit to the home studio of Jose Fuster, ceramic artist
More details here.