Photo by PoPville flickr user fromcaliw/love
I know lots of folks here, including me, enjoy cold beer so I thought I’d share the following festival from a reader:
I wanted to send you information on the 5th Annual Maryland Microbrewery Festival: http://www.marylandmicrobreweryfestival.com/default.asp?iId=HILHG. It’s a great opportunity to eat some good stuff, drink some good beer, and get to see a really beautiful part of the state. It’s $18 for the tasting, which is hard to beat.
It’s happening out in lovely Carroll County this Saturday, September 25. The leaves aren’t quite there yet, but this is a beautiful place nonetheless. For those PoP readers who don’t know MD too well, Westminster is just 50 miles straight up north on Georgia Avenue. There’s a bunch of ways to drive out there, but Rte 29 (aka Georgia) is the simplest and second prettiest (to Rte 27 after you get off I-270 and north of Damascus).
Anyway you get there, there’s lots of good food and beer:
Continues after the jump.
- Michael Range – Italian ice.
- Kountry Kafe and Katering – pit beef, turkey, Maryland crab soup, sodas
- Angels Concessions- crab cakes, cheeseburgers, fried shrimp, fish and chips
- Sunrise concessions – submarine sandwiches: cheese steak, Italian sausage,grilled chicken
- The Happy Belly – Fried: oreos, pickles, snickers, milk ways, Mac & cheese, hot dogs, onion rings,ribbon chips
- Rita Murray – sausage, steak subs, corn dogs, blooming onions, funnel cakes,sodas/water
- Aw Boy Fries – AMERICAN gourmet fries
- Westminster Elks lodge #2277 – pit ham and burgers
- Timeout Sports Grille – shrimp salad, crab cakes
- Silver Run/Union Mills Lions Club – hot pretzels,cheese dip,crab dip, sodas, water, coffee
- Buffalo Wild Wings -wings, boneless wings, ribs
- Valley Lions Club – pulled pork, cole slaw, red beet eggs, iced tea,sodas,ice cream sandwiches
- Deer park Lions Club – bratwurst, hot dogs, potato salad, iced tea lemonade, coffee
- Johanssons – raw bar, turkey legs, German sausage
- Baltimore Washington Beer Works Baltimore, MD
- Barley and Hops Grill & Microbrewery – Frederick, MD
- Brewer’s Alley – Frederick, MD
- Bawlmer Craft Beers- Baltimore, MD
- Clipper City Brewing Company – Baltimore, MD
- DOG Beverage Company – Westminster, MD
- DuClaw Brewing Company – Abington, MD
- Ellicott Mills Brewing Company – Ellicott City, MD
- Flying Dog Brewery – Frederick, MD
- Johanssons Brewing Company – Westminster, MD
- Olivers Ales – Baltimore, MD
- Red Brick Station / White Marsh Brewing – Baltimore, MD
And I’d combine it with a stop over at Baughers: http://www.baughers.com/. I think this place has the best fruit in the state. You can pick your own 10–5 Sat and Sun. I know this is way outside the normal PoP world, but I thought it might interest some folks.”