It’s my favorite time of the year: time to play in the dirt! Here’s a list of some of my favorite gardening tools and resources.
1. Weeder and mini raker. This weeder really helps me get weeds out by the root, and the mini rake is great for getting rid of dead leaves in between plants. I got these last year at the Smith & Hawken store http://www.smithandhawken.
2. Plants at the Takoma Farmer’s Market. http://www.takomaparkmarket.
3. Gardening Velcro tape. I lost count of how many rolls of this tape I bought last year at Strosniders, http://www.strosniders.com but I won’t have to buy any this year because it’s reusable. Great for tying up tomatoes. Continues after the jump
4. Fiskars pruner
5. Gardener’s Supply catalog. http://www.gardeners.com/ I find things in this catalog I’ve never seen at local stores. It’s an employee-owned company – when the composter I wanted to buy was sold out, the telephone order-taker was obviously a gardener, and gave me frank, honest advice on what would be best for me.
6. Tubtrubs. http://www.gardeners.com/
7. Womanswork gloves. http://www.womanswork.com/ I think the photo speaks for itself – I wear these a lot! I have different several pairs for different uses. Oh, and my husband steals these from me all the time, so they do work for men, too.
8. OXO Cultivator. http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/
9. The Garden Primer. http://www.amazon.com/Garden-
They applied for and received 5 parking spaces in front of their restaurant. The ANC...Dear PoPville – Valet Problems Part Two
I guess it's just really small? I know this isn't the hottest neighborhood in DC, and...Mon. Afternoon Rental Option – Woodley Park
Sheeesh, people...It's no wonder local businesses can't win for losing! The ANC...Dear PoPville – Valet Problems Part Two
The permit doesn't specify the exact location. Anyone want to bet they put it up for a...Dear PoPville – Valet Problems Part Two
I did! Called 311 and got on the list. Never heard anything again. Then, one random...Random Reader Rant and/or Revel