It’s my favorite time of the year: time to play in the dirt! Here’s a list of some of my favorite gardening tools and resources.
1. Weeder and mini raker. This weeder really helps me get weeds out by the root, and the mini rake is great for getting rid of dead leaves in between plants. I got these last year at the Smith & Hawken store http://www.smithandhawken.
2. Plants at the Takoma Farmer’s Market. http://www.takomaparkmarket.
3. Gardening Velcro tape. I lost count of how many rolls of this tape I bought last year at Strosniders, http://www.strosniders.com but I won’t have to buy any this year because it’s reusable. Great for tying up tomatoes. Continues after the jump
4. Fiskars pruner
5. Gardener’s Supply catalog. http://www.gardeners.com/ I find things in this catalog I’ve never seen at local stores. It’s an employee-owned company – when the composter I wanted to buy was sold out, the telephone order-taker was obviously a gardener, and gave me frank, honest advice on what would be best for me.
6. Tubtrubs. http://www.gardeners.com/
7. Womanswork gloves. http://www.womanswork.com/ I think the photo speaks for itself – I wear these a lot! I have different several pairs for different uses. Oh, and my husband steals these from me all the time, so they do work for men, too.
8. OXO Cultivator. http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/
9. The Garden Primer. http://www.amazon.com/Garden-
I'm pretty sure it says "blow up pool toys". Where is your mind? ;)Adult Swim Starts Back Up this Sunday at the Capitol Skyline Hotel
Exactly! People are lazy and should be able to halt traffic on demand in the middle of a...Cleveland Park Gets a HAWK Pedestrian Crosswalk Too
I hear they're in terrible financial shape, so this is probably the best they can do.Rendering for New Howard University Building Coming to Georgia and W St, NW
Why do they still call that Hechinger Mall? Hechinger's has been gone for what, 20 years...Rainbow Shop Coming to Hechinger Mall
The description mentions blow up dolls, so I guess that's yet another clue as to what...Adult Swim Starts Back Up this Sunday at the Capitol Skyline Hotel